In the UK there are understood to be thousands of Adviser Office users in the IFA sector. Are you one of these?
- Have you been wondering about switching back office systems?
- What about the costs and disruption to your business while you undergo a major system change?
- Are there other alternatives you haven’t come across yet that would change your mind?
- And, importantly, what are the cost implications of this?
There continues to be a lot of disruptors in the financial services and wealth management industry, and back office technology and software also needs to keep pace with these drastic changes. It’s hard to keep up with the changing needs, and the massive upheaval and capital costs that this entails.
Have you been considering moving away from Adviser Office?
Some of the main drivers of change away from Adviser Office are –
- the end users’ desire to reduce the capital expenditure requirements of locally hosted SQL systems
- reduce the cost of employment for in-house IT staff
- and to have a system which is cloud-based, thereby giving better redundancy and easier remote accessibility of systems in general.
But does this mean you have to make this change?
“Adviser Office remains a major force in terms of back office systems in the UK IFA sector,” says David Littleboy, ITSOL Managed Services Director and IT industry expert. “Itsol has over twenty years in this market caring for our IFA clients, and although we look after clients who use all of the mainstream back office systems, we are acutely aware of the disruption caused when clients change back office systems in terms of staff retraining, customer familiarisation and general business interruptions.”
What is our solution to this?
Hosted remote desktop solution
Having provided hosted solutions for our clients for some time, it is clear that there is a wider demand for a completely hosted remote desktop environment which contains not only Adviser Office but also all of the other elements which integrate with AO including –
- Microsoft Office applications
- a realistic amount of data storage
- a robust back up strategy including the requisite number of data restore points
- remote scanning
- if required, a document management system
- and, finally, connections to third party software vendors such as Moneyinfo, who provide a first class product which, when added to Adviser Office and our hosted remote desktop environment, gives a hugely desirable matrix of products and services that takes away the mammoth headache of needing to change back office systems.
“Adviser Office is a robust system which, when brought into our hosted environment and when augmented by Moneyinfo, gives clients the best possible overall proposition,” adds David Littleboy.